Monday, November 10, 2014

Love

I don't have any photos from the first 6 weeks of my oldest's life. 
{my films were lost by the photo processing company}
But as clear as can be I can remember his every expression and movement.
I would stare at him sleeping, stare at him eating or simply stare at him staring at me, 
 both of us trying to figure out our new lives.
The feeling of honor, responsibility and amazement at the ability to create a new little human has never left me.

I vowed to teach him to be kind, to tie his shoes, to persevere, to think of others first, to have good manners, to color between the lines, to keep faith, to run fast, 
and to Love.
I must have at least succeeded on the Love part because 
this happened:


and with that, my family grew by one more.


...and we both continue to figure out our new lives with lots of love to share.

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so very sweet. congratulations!

babs said...

Beautiful!

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

perfect x

Cathy H. said...

Congratulations! They make a beautiful couple!

Lynne said...

Oh my, how lovely . . .
The photos, words, sentiment, love . . .
And you "Miss Knit One, Raised Four" are looking so beautiful and charming. "Your Mister" is a handsome chap too!
Congratulations . . ,

BENScopingau said...

Hallo Joey,
wir wünschen Dir und Deiner sehr sehr netten Frau an Deiner Seite alles Gute und senden die besten Wünsche für Eure gemeinsame Zukunft aus Schöppingen.
Annette und Bernd-Elmar

Debbie said...

what beautiful family images, you clean up very nicely ;)